YOU'RE NOT ALONE - mLCS
Custom Search

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week One

Finally I have a the time to fully rest my body. I am having my 3 days off now due to no major event happens during these 3 days so we managed to get to rest.


Here is the summary of the week.

Day 2 (15/09)
Working Hour: 10am-11pm

First, I followed George to Ngee Ann Poly to set up a 12 inch x 9 inch projector screen at Convention Centre. We did a set up at Ritz Carlton for a company award ceremony, The Entrepreneur of The Year. We started the setup around 7pm due to the delay by the previous event that occupying the venue. That is the first time for us to do set up for a large event. More than 20 moving lights, 6 profiles, 4 pairs of speaker including subwoofer units were been utilised for the event. The company mobilised 3 big trucks for this event but they said this is just considered as medium scale of event set up. I can't wait for take part of large scale of event set up. I am looking forward to that. We were helping them until 11pm because we want to catch the last train.

Day 3 (16/09)
Working Hour: 10am-3am

Me and Nigel were been ordered to report to the office on 10am meanwhile the girls need to report to the Ritz Carlton for helping them meanwhile can learn about what are they doing during rehearsal.

We went to Swiss Hotel to do a set up for the conference. It is a partnership signing event in between 2 parties, Youth Olympic 2010 with Canon. It is not a very big scale set up but this time we had the chance to take part more in doing set up, running the cables and help to do the connection for the equipments. I did for video part. We did the set up on 12pm and teardown on 4.30pm. After we complete the teardown, we stayed at office for awhile, taking some rest for preparing for midnight strike at Ritz Carlton.

This is the first time we do until midnight. We helped to do teardown. I followed Eng Meng and he taught me what I should do during teardown. I noticed that everyone actually know their rules very well and they will helping each other once they complete their jobs. I found that is good and it helps to faster the process and we can manage to get back earlier. After teardown, we need to load all the flight cases onto the trucks and send back to office. We left around 3am.

Day 4 (16/09)
Working Hour: 1pm-7pm

Due to the late night strike yesterday, we been told that we only need to report on 1pm. Not many event need to do on the day so Raymond gave us a briefing about lighting equipment and what is important for setting up an events. After that I followed Eng Meng to Hilton Singapore to do a small set up for a product launching event. It was running by a indian company, which is called Kingfisher. This time I need to follow the order from Eng Meng to complete the tasks, such as rigging lights, running cable, and setting up the console. I feel that I can handle it with more confident now. Thanks to Eng Ming.

Day 5 (17/09)
Working Hour: 10am-3am

We were doing some housekeeping work such as cleaning the equipment, changing the name tags and rearrange the flight cases during the first few hours of working. In the afternoon, me and Nigel followed Raymond go back to Ngee Ann Poly to collect the projector screen. We did a set up for HTC roadshow at Plaza Singapura Atrium on 11pm. It was quite a medium scale of set up. It includes 8 Parcans, 2 pairs of speakers, a dimmer rack and audio mixer. After the set up, we went to Boat Quay to help the others to do the teardown. During the loading up the flight cases to the truck, I accidentally hurt Roy's toe. I am really sorry about that. Work safely is very important. I will learn from mistake....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
CopyRight Reserved to ШöΓLÐ öf мιcНælLCЅ™