YOU'RE NOT ALONE - mLCS
Custom Search

Monday, July 21, 2008

FollowSpot MAN

Last week, I was helped out for the Ling Yu Zhong Campus Concert at Ngee Ann because of my CCA, Poly Stage Production (PSP). I was assigned to in charge of followspot together with one senior and one of my AVT junior.



Well, I want to say is... that is a pretty good experience to me because usually I was learned it on theory but I never try it out to play, no... work on this real followspot, although it is not as big as what I saw in Esplanade but still better than nothing, wasn't it?

FollowSpot light is not that easy to control because it is quit heavy to me and I must always concentrate to keep follow the focus point of the stage. Most of the time I was keep following the singer, Ling Yu Zhong and sometime I need to focus on the host, which is one of the DJ from Y.E.S 933.

But... what I want to say based on this experience is... the followspot can't be controlled by 3 persons at the same time. Why? Because I was doing that on the night with my another 2 members. I found out that it just make the thing become harder. We can't really synchronize the movement each other. It cause the followspot a bit shaky and sometime we follow up the singer a pretty slowly.

Well, the overall is still pretty good as well. But I was not really satisfied their way to organize this event. Some of the parts I think they, no, should include me as well because I am also inside of the club, can be improve.

About the camera issue, as I know is a lot of audiences, especially for the first row of seats, they were just taking pictures and capturing video like no one will care about them. I really don't know what are the ushers doing at that moment and I can't leave my position to just tell the audiences... hey sir, No camera is allowed... After the event, they also realized about this issue but why as a senior of the club, they didn't show a good example to us, to all of the juniors. Seriously, all of us are the first time to take part of such an event. I just wondering what were they doing on the time??

Well, this is just my suggestion and hopefully we will improve on the next coming events. Keep moving on, PSP...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 
CopyRight Reserved to ШöΓLÐ öf мιcНælLCЅ™